Thursday, May 8, 2014

A 'MOMENT IN TIME'

This week we've been working hard on writing about a 'moment in time' from our recent holiday.  This involves taking a magnifying glass to (or putting the spotlight on) just a small part of an experience we had to bring it to life, and to paint it like a vivid picture with our words.  Here's a few fantastic pieces below for you to read.  Leave a comment to tell us what you think.


Bye Bye Bunny by L.B.

Walking down the race it's dead quiet.  I can hear the gravel crunching under our feet like bones getting crushed to pieces.  Our headlights breaking out the darkness.  We spot one, he's a monster of a rabbit.  We turn off the headlights, it's as dark as a matte black car.  We load the gun and rest it on the rotten fence post.  We turn on the glowing red laser light and I look through the rich black scope.  I have no idea where it's gone, it's like playing hide and seek.  Then I find him.  I put my finger on the trigger.  I'm shaking.  I pull the trigger as slow as a sloth.  BANG!  The rabbit bounces like a rocket ship.  He's a goner.

The Perfect Shot by A.S.

John my tennis coach shot a rapidly fast ball right at me.  The tennis ball was spinning across the net.  I breathed in and out saying, "I can do this!"  My racket swung back dramatically.  I kept my eye on the ball, trying to aim the perfect shot.  I hit the ball and it felt like I was in a real match against Serena Williams.  The ball smashed right on the serving line.  The crowd went wild!!!  Serena missed it!  "Yayyyy!"  I rock!

The Current That Swept Me Away by L.J.

I put my feet in the water.  Man, was it cold!  I kept on walking.  Now I could feel the water tickle my knees.  Suddenly a large white trail in the ocean appeared.  I slowly tramped in, but I wasn't slow anymore.  I was now being heavily dragged and lifted high by the current.  I started to think I would never get back.  Then Carl risked his life and saved me.  I was rescued and he was a hero!

Bird Breezes In by T.H.

A bird spins into the room like a spaceship taking off and crashes into a rusted window.  Its wings as lifeless as a rock with his claws glistening in the distance sitting on the window sill all frightened and scared.  He looks around and screams.  He shivers, his tail and his legs trembling in annoyment and fear.  His eyes lock on me like a padlock with no keys.  I feel happy and lucky that he hasn't done any number twos all over my head. 

On the Boardwalk by C.WR.

"Tihless - wait up," I said going along the long wooden boardwalk.  All I could hear was birds chirping like my fav song and the waves coming in and out, in and out.  I could feel the bike jumping on every bump or crack.  The wind flurried through my hair.  I could taste salty air rush into my dry mouth, as I need a cool refreshment.  My slippery hands were losing grip on the bike.

2 comments:

  1. cool stories
    april peng room 22

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow great stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by R.O, M.B & N.B

    ReplyDelete