Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Describing a Season

We used our senses to write about one of the seasons.  Here's a great piece by N.B.

Winter the coldest thing on Earth.  The ice runs up my back.  I can taste hot chocolate with rich chocolate sauce.  I gulp it down like a thirsty monster.  The melted marshmallows disappear in one go. I smell the hot black smoke from the fire that fills my house with warmth.  The nice fresh smell from a cold new day.  I hear lots of birds tweeting on their way to a warmer place and the trees rustling in the breeze.  The crunching ice under my feet and a roaring fire.  I see giant snowmen building up to the clouds, and the cute small snowflakes falling freely to the ground.  All the kids ice skating and other things rolling in the snow.  Dogs barking to come out and play.

4 comments:

  1. Brrrrrrrrrrr reading this makes me feel winter is already here! A great piece of writing N.B
    From Mr.B

    ReplyDelete
  2. when I was writing this it was great to see my writing skills come out and it's was very exciting to see it on the blog!
    from N.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job N.B great job i really like it!!! J.S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow N.B! What a wonderful piece of writing. You have painted such a great picture with your words. :-)

    ReplyDelete